You’ve probably noticed that there is no way to just purchase a mouthpiece from this site. That is by design
I hope that you have had a chance to read a lot of the material on this site. And, if you think you are ready to move forward on getting the sound and response you want on soprano, then, let’s get started..
There are things I need to know from you first.
That information will help me to offer useful suggestions for you to consider. But it takes you to start this process, and you’ll be glad you did. Do the best you can; don’t worry about it.
Here is what I’d like to know:
- What horn do you play ( make and model) ?
- What mouthpiece are you playing now ( make and model) ?
- What reeds are you using now (brand and strength)?
- What do you LIKE about the way your current mouthpiece plays or sounds?
- What do you NOT LIKE about it, if anything?
- Can you describe the sound you are seeking on soprano ( don’t be self-conscious; do the best you can) ?
- Is there a player or recording that has a similar sound that you are seeking? if so, tell me.
- How long have you played saxophone?
With this information, I can more accurately offer ideas about which mouthpiece design, what tip opening and what reed combination will get you where you want to go. Email as much of this information as possible to the address below.
There is no cost to you to take this first step toward really understanding where you are on soprano, and how to get to where you want to be.
It is possible that you already have the mouthpiece you need, but it needs attention ( see REBALANCE on this website). But it might mean that you should consider a new Sopranoplanet piece or perhaps a vintage mouthpiece. I’ll tell you what I think and why I think it.
So, if you’re ready, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers and anything else you think is important for me to know. Then, we’ll take it from there.
The dialog we will start will end when you are completely satisfied and not before. I guarantee it, always have and always will. 🙂